I’ve been using a new product in the last few weeks that I think would be a great secret weapon for stressed out brides as a little at home treat as part of your pre wedding skincare routine.
A few weeks ago my skin went a bit mental. I’m not sure why, well if I’m honest I was probably forgoing the night time cleanse a bit too often and not drinking enough water, but this was more than just maintenance. My skin was angry. I kept getting a strange heat rash/lumps at night, the texture was rough and dry like I needed a good scrub and I had huge pores! I have never really even noticed my pores before but here they were, huge and all over my face. I could have kept a lipstick in there.
Fortunately or not it was that time in every women’s life that we dread. You know, the time when every bit of skin care and make up you own, all runs out at the same time, forcing you to spend your holiday savings in Boots instead of flights to Barbados. So I was very excited when I remembered I had bought some of Charlotte Tillbury’s Goddess Skin Clay Mask a few months ago but not really used it. The 10 minute clay mask from Tilbury’s new skincare range, lays claim to visibly lifting, smoothing, brightening and tightening pores for baby skin, hurrah! Just what I needed, so kind of them!
I have to say I am very happy with the results! I have been using the mask every couple of nights for the last 3 weeks and my skin has calmed right down, my pores are smaller and the spots have gone and I feel comfortable not wearing make up again as my skin is much brighter and even toned.
I should mention, in addition to the mask I bought some argon oil and a coconut oil moisturiser from Holland and Barratt and kept using my Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser twice daily, I was keen to use some natural based products that I knew would not add to whatever was upsetting it in the first place.
I can’t say it is all the result of the Goddess Skin mask but I do think it has helped above and beyond the oil and moisturiser as I have noticed a difference each morning after using it at night. The main difference being to my overall skin tone and pores. The mask is easy to use, it doesn’t have to stay on long and it doesn’t make your face feel tight or irritated when it’s on there, it just feels like a thick moisturiser. Plus the massage technique you can learn from the Charlotte Tilbury website is a lovely addition you can use any time to boost circulation. A lovely pre wedding treat for brides to be to help keep any skin issues at bay!
We all have these little skin moments, when you feel like you have done nothing to deserve the mutinous symptoms displayed on your face but with my skin there is normally a reason. Your skin is your largest organ and changes in it usually reflect something more substantial. And wedding prep and stress and would definitely classify as a skin irritator.
My tips for surviving any skin issues and making the most of your pre wedding skincare routine:
- Be diligent, now is definitely not the time to by lazy with your cleansing. It’s the cornerstone to glowing skin
- Don’t use any new products in the run up to the big day. Even ones you have used before but not for a long time, your skin changes all the time so familiar products could still irritate your skin.
- Keep products simple don’t overload your skin with cream upon cream if it’s not used to it.
- If you have the cash, book a few facials from 5 or 6 months ahead of the big day, that way they can build up and by the time the wedding comes around you will have the full arsenal of skin. The therapist may also help you with a skin care routine between your facials if you ask.
- If you don’t have the cash get yourself a good face mask and learn to give your self a mini facial to use in the run up to the big day, try it out a couple of months before to avoid any reactions. I love the Goddess Skin mask from Charlotte Tilbury. Here is the Pro Collagen wonder workout technique to boost the masks effectiveness!
- Eat and drink healthy, it sounds obvious we often only think of healthy eating and weight loss, not skin health. Your skin is your largest organ, it reflects what is going on in your body. Eat healthy, clean foods, don’t drink too much booze or sugary drinks and your skin and body will be happier for it!
Here a couple of other self massage techniques I found that do remind me of facials I have had in the past so definitely worth a try!
View the full Charlotte Tilbury range plus other tutorials on her website http://www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/
Happy facials! XOXO